The first league match of the season is here already, and first of all I'd like to say a big thank you to all of you who either bought a Season Pass or paid online for their entry tonight. We have had almost 130 pre-entries, which I'm pretty sure is some sort of record! For all of you eager beavers, your reward will be a quick pick-up of your number tonight from the pre-registration desk, manned (or should that be womanned) by the lovely Joan, possibly with help from Sparrow, Marsha or even myself if we get desperate! To try and keep it as efficient as possible tonight, if you are only entered into one of the later events, consider coming for your number after the initial rush at 5.30-5.45, as it should be a bit quieter later on!
To collect your number, all you'll need is your name which you'll give to the person(s) on the pre-reg desk; this will be on your left as you come in the clubhouse. Please DO NOT try and register again - step away from the computers at the end of the room, you'll only cause confusion if your name is on the list twice!
For anyone not yet registered (I'm sure there'll still be a fair few of you!), try and bring the correct money tonight if you can (£4 in case you've forgotten!). I don't have a float since it's the first match of the season, so making change might be tricky if I can't get to the bank today (which is a distinct possibility since I'm going to bed now after night shift!). We do have a contactless card reader which I'll hopefully be able to use if it's not too manic, so there's always plastic to fall back on if we have to (10p extra to cover fees).
A few things to remember:-
1. If you've checked your pre-entry online and I've got something wrong (or you have!), don't panic - just come to the computer desk and explain what the problem is. It'll take seconds to sort out so don't worry! Don't email me today because I won't respond (I'll be asleep, see above!)
2. Please have your PB/predicted performance to hand - it'll be too busy to have people standing looking themselves up on Power of 10 when they're registering!
3. Bring change! (For parking if you've already paid for your entry)
4. KEEP YOUR NUMBER ALL SEASON. This includes the Championships in June and the Pentathlon in September. There will be a £4 charge for a replacement number, so make sure your bibs stay either on your vest or in your bag so you don't forget them next time!
5. Smile and have fun! :) Being competitive is great, but it's also a lovely social event, so enjoy yourself even if your performance wasn't what you'd hoped for (but you'll all be great I'm sure!)